Thursday, July 9, 2009

Oxkintok Ruinas


Buildings in Ah Canul Group dating back to 500-600 AD.


(I am unable to move these photos around. They are out of order. I'm going to have to wing it and post the information separately.)

Evidence of two distinct building styles and phases, Ah Canul Group.







The above photos taken of courtyard in the Ah Canul Group.

The road to ruins.


The grounds were extensive and nicely manicured. It was really peaceful there.



The largest restored pyramid in the Ah May Group.




The labyrinth.


2 comments:

norm said...

Nice photos! I am in the school of thought that the west coast of Yucatan has a lot to tell us about the early trading routes of the Maya and Toltics. When you google earth the area, there are many mounds and causeways that cry out for study. I have not been to Oxkintok but will visit on my next trip down. Nice post.

Linda Dorton said...

Thanks, Norm, Oxkintok was really impressive to me. I like a place where you can SEE the layers and IMAGINE a little of life way back when. This culture is fascinating and I wish I could simply absorb all the information out there!